The extractor hood is such an essential element when cooking as can be the oven or the stove. This appliance is capable of absorbing all the smoke, odors and gre that is generated while you are cooking , avoiding the feeling of overwhelm and dirt characteristic of an out-of-control kitchen.
When looking for a range hood, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Size: Make sure the range hood is the appropriate size for your stove and kitchen space. A hood that is too small will not be effective, while a hood that is too large may be overwhelming.
- Venting: Determine how you want the hood to vent. Some options include ducted, ductless, and convertible. Ducted range hoods vent to the outside of your home, while ductless range hoods filter and recirculate the air back into the kitchen. Convertible range hoods can be either ducted or ductless, depending on your needs.
- Noise level: Consider the noise level of the range hood. Some models can be quite loud, which can be annoying if you have an open floor plan or if the hood is located near a living area.
- Style: Choose a range hood that matches the style of your kitchen. There are many different designs available, from traditional to modern.
- Price: Determine your budget and look for a range hood that fits within it. Keep in mind that you may need to spend more for a high-quality hood that is durable and efficient.
Some popular range hood brands to consider include Broan, KitchenAid, and Zephyr
Here is our selection of the 6 best cooker hoods today and we explain which are the most important aspects to take into account when choosing the right model. These are selected by kitchen experts of reddit communities.
- Chef PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood – Best to Buy in 2023
- Zuhne iChorus 36 Island Hood – Best Mid-Range Island Model
- Z Line KB Wall Mount Range Hood – Best Wall Mount Hood
- Fotile JQG7501 Under Cabinet Range Hood – Best High-End Hood
- Z Line GL1i Island Mount Range Hood – Best Island Hood
- Broan Non-Ducted Hood 41000 Series – Best Ductless Range Hood
- Broan Range Hood F40000 Series – Best Under Cabinet Hood
- IKTCH 30 Inch Under Cabinet Range Hood 900
- KOBE Range Hoods KOBE IN2636SQB-650-5A
- Ancona Inserta Chef Built-In Range Hood, 28-Inch, Stainless Steel
- Cosmo QS90 36-in Under-Cabinet Range Hood 900-CFM
- XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U30, 30′ width Under cabinet hood
- Hauslane | Chef Series Range Hood
- BV Range Hood – 30 Inch 900 CFM Under Cabinet Seamless Stainless Steel Kitchen Range Hoods
- Cosmo QS75 30-in Under-Cabinet Stainless Steel Range Hood with LED Light
- Broan-NuTone F403004 Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood, 30-Inch, Stainless Steel
Explore here Home & Kitchen Prime Deals
Klarstein Zola is a wall-mounted cooker hood with a sloped design that is very functional to control all fires comfortably . The structure is made of stainless steel, although it also includes a glass front panel and a folding cover for the filter, also made of steel.
It has an extraction power of up to 635 m 3 / h adjustable in 3 intensity levels, which fits perfectly in a spacious kitchen of up to 22 m 2 . It is a little louder than the previous model (74 decibels), although it does not cause annoyance either unless you are very sensitive to noise.
Regarding the space required to install it , in addition to the distance over the stove (65-75 cm depending on whether it is a glass-ceramic or gas), it is necessary to have a wall space of between 52.5 and 105 cm to be able to place the decorative column that lines the extraction tube. The width is 90 cm, so it is compatible with practically all cooktops on the market.
You should know that it works only with an outdoor extraction system , so if you do not have ventilation ducts, we recommend that you choose another model that includes an air recirculation system.
It is also worth highlighting its good LED lighting , which in addition to providing great luminosity means less energy consumption. As for the filtering system, this model has a single aluminum filter that can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
✔️ It is a powerful and functional hood.
✔️ It has a stylish design and good lighting.
❌ Does not include air recirculation system.
Ciarra CBCB6506B is a powerful wall-mounted extractor hood with a very elegant design in curved glass and black steel. The only drawback is that it requires a lot of space to install.
This model is a great alternative for medium-sized kitchens (around 18 m 2 ), since it has a very interesting extraction power of 550 m 3 / h that can also be regulated in 3 levels of intensity. The width of the extractor is 60 cm, so it fits most standard size plates.
Regarding its dimensions , you must bear in mind that for its installation you need a space above the stove of between 65 and 75 cm, depending on whether it is a glass-ceramic hob or a butane stove. It is also important that you make sure that there is enough space to place the chimney flue , which has an adjustable height between 53.3 and 91.3 cm.
The quality of the assembly and its soundproofing system must be highlighted , with a maximum noise emission of only 65 decibels that is practically imperceptible.
Regarding maintenance, it is necessary to wash the aluminum filter every month to avoid excessive accumulation of fat, although do not worry because it can be put in the dishwasher.
Finally, it remains to be mentioned that it is compatible with both the external extraction mode and the air recirculation mode , although to use the latter, you need to buy a carbon filter separately.
✔️ It is a powerful and silent extractor.
✔️ It has a stylish design and is easy to clean.
❌ Its dimensions are not compatible with all kitchens.
This under cabinet range hood by Hauslane is one of the best selling kitchen hoods.Chef Series 36″ PS18 Under, Stainless Steel, Pro Performance, Contemporary Design, Touch Screen, Dishwasher Safe Baffle Filters, LED Lamps and 3-Way Venting make it choice of every kitchen.
The build quality was impressive – brushed stainless steel of heavy gauge. The form and fit was excellent. Light was adequate. Suction on 3rd speed setting was quite impressive considering that the noise was acçeptable compared to our OTR GE microwave oven. I connected the unit through rear vent option directly out the drywall, insulation and the sidings. The vent slot is rectangular measuring 13.25 inch by 3.25 inch and tapering to 10 inch by 3.25 inch in the rear. It comes with the damper attached which is nice.☺️ Installation needed to be planned out since our existing vents from the OTR was not in sync with the vent size and location of the range. With a self made template the installation was easy.The screws provided were adequate to hold the range with our existing cabinet bottom surface. I used a “Fastcap” cabinet jack to install the range hood. So it was one person install with the cabinet jack. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase I made. So far so good. Highly recommend buying this range hood for Asian/Indian cooking. Thank you!- (Amazon Buyer Feedback)
This is Luxury kitchen range hood from the premier Italian manufacturer. 14″ 940-CFM | Jupiter | Stainless Steel Vent Hood | Contemporary Sleek Exhaust Hood | LED, Ultra-Quiet with Blower.
Great hood vent. I remodel kitchens for work and have installed numerous hood vents from really cheap to high end. I consider this one mid to high end leaning more towards the high side. This one is for my own house and I did extensive research to find the right design. I could not find any reviews on this product but figured for the price it had to be well built.
Here is what I like about it:
-Well-designed installation bracket and hardware. Four step install although I gave all the steps a dry run first.
-Three prong plug option(comes with plug in cord from factory) for easy wiring. Don’t forget to have an outlet ready to install inside housing, which there IS room for.
-Four fan speeds are different enough from each other to make them all useful.
-Fan is very quiet on low speed and not obnoxious on high speed.
-Fan is effective without glass hood option!
-6″ ducting for easier and more versatile install(better to enlarge ducting than to reduce it)
-Very stiff and sturdy when installed. When I push the buttons it doesn’t “give”
What I don’t like:
-The slot for the glass panel option has a seam which light shines through even when the thumb screws are tightened all the way. That said, easy access to all inner workings by removal of vent filter makes it easy to put tape over seam from the inside. Hardly a negative because it would be so easy to add the glass panel at a later date if desired because of where the seam is.
High quality hood and rated #1 best seller on amazon. Best value for money and suction power with Insert Exhaust Fan and Light Combo for Over Kitchen Stove, 390 CFM.
Hood itself was not difficult to install as it has two clips to hold it in place while you are attaching it. Only difficulty was with the pipe due to it’s location. Overall a good fan for the price and quieter than most of the hoods on market.
This is Unique Side-Draft Design for Under Cabinet or Wall Mount | Modern Kitchen Vent Hood | Powerful Motor | LED Lights | Onxy Black Tempered Glass Surface.
By feature it is rating very high by customers
Easy to clean 4.8 | Suction power 4.8 | Value for money 4.7 | Easy to install 4.4
Very easy to install most of the people fit it by themselves. Less noisy than typical hood suction system.The clock button for delay turn-off is awesome. Very powerful and good value for money.
Buying guide: fundamental aspects to consider when choosing Range hood
To determine how much extraction power the hood will need, it is necessary to know the dimensions of the kitchen.
This has no mystery, since it is something as simple as multiplying the height of the wall by the length and width. The industry experts recommend that air turnover of stay about 12 times per hour of operation , so to calculate the power extraction there is only necessary to multiply the kitchen area by 12.
For example, a kitchen with a height of 2.5 meters and walls 4 meters long and 3 meters wide has a total area of 30 cubic meters (2.5 height x 4 length x 3 width = 30 m 3 ).
This kitchen will need a hood with an extraction power of 360 cubic meters for every hour of operation (360 m 3 / h), which is the result of multiplying 30 m 3 x 12.
Available space above the stove
The design of the kitchen plays a very important role because it determines the type of extractor hood that can be installed.
The more wall space available above the stove, the greater the number of options to choose from. On the contrary, if you have little space, you will have to opt for the more compact models integrated into the furniture.
These are the main types of extractor hood that are used in a home:
• Built-in hood : it is quite discreet as well as powerful, as it fits perfectly into the cupboard above the stove and the lower part is almost at the same height as the cabinet.
• Telescopic hood : this type of hood is more compact than the built-in one because how it is folded saves a lot of space. It has the advantage that the filters are very easy to remove and can be put in the dishwasher.
• Wall hood : decorative wall hoods have the advantage that they leave more free space in the stove area and allow cooking with greater freedom of movement.
• Island hood : this type of hood is hung from the ceiling using steel ropes and looks great in large kitchens that have the stove inside an island.
• Ceiling extractor: this kind of extractor is integrated into the ceiling of the kitchen and allows to create an open space with maximum freedom of movement. The most common models are made of white glass or stainless steel.
To ensure proper smoke extraction and avoid its accumulation, it is very important to choose a hood with a size equal to or greater than that of the cooktop . Although this requirement is easy to meet because most manufacturers use standardized measures.
Extractor hoods are usually 60 or 90 cm wide, while standard glass ceramic hobs are 60 cm, so in principle this should not be a problem. Although of course do not trust yourself and always measure the plate before buying to avoid surprises.
Air outlet to the outside or recirculation
Depending on the ventilation system used, it is possible to distinguish between hoods with exit to the outside and recirculation hoods .
The hoods with exit to the outside evacuate all the contaminated air towards the outside of the house through a ventilation duct. This system allows a complete renovation of the kitchen atmosphere , in addition to producing less noise and no odor traces. The only thing you should keep in mind is that the kitchen has a ventilation duct or that there is enough space to install it.
The hoods with recirculation system not renew the air , but rather purify it through a filtering system with activated carbon and again expel the room . They are the best solution for kitchens that do not have the necessary infrastructure to install a ventilation duct, although they produce more noise and do not have as much power. Also, the carbon filter wears out and needs to be replaced every so often.
In general, we are used to using hoods that generate a lot of noise, but you should know that current models incorporate very effective soundproofing systems that eliminate much of the acoustic impact. If noise is a very annoying factor for you, it is best to opt for a silent model that does not exceed 60 decibels .
Ease of cleaning
Regular cleaning of the filters is very important to avoid reducing the extraction capacity over time and the accumulation of dirt.
The easier they are to disassemble and clean, the less time and effort it will take to perform maintenance correctly. Fortunately, most modern extractors have filters that can be put in the dishwasher to leave them completely clean without complications.
WHAT WE DO: We try to make the best under cabinet range hoods selection on price per value. Our team analyzes lots of best range hoods reviews and expert’s suggestions to make the best ductless range hoods. We also list some best range hoods for gas stoves. We hope our findings will help you find the most accurate and best under cabinet range hoods for small and large family.